BOOKING IS CLOSED UNTIL NOV 1, 2021
FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
This Christmas hoilday expand your families time together by spending a night on our snowless tubing course. Opening on Black Friday, Crowders Camps will host our annual fundraiser “The Chutes”. The chutes are snow tubing without the snow by using an artificial surface. Each session will hold 50 people and last one hour. All of the thrills and chills of winter snow tubing can be found locally just mins from Charlotte near Crowders Mountain. Our snowless tubing will send you down one of our four 225ft lanes at about 15 mph. You can do singles, doubles and even trains. The Chutes create lifelong memories, and are perfect for your entire family or group!
Where are you located?
This year, the Chutes will be held at Crowders Ridge, which is right next to the Linwood Access Point of Crowders Mountain. Our address is 130 Camp Rotary Rd. Gastonia, NC 28052
How much does it cost?
Each ticket costs $15 per person
Do I have to purchase a ticket in advance?
All tickets must be bought online in advance. Ticket sales close at 4 PM each day for that evening’s tubing session. No tickets are sold at the gate.
Do I have to have a ticket to watch?
No! Spectators are free to come without a ticket. You only need a ticket if you plan on going down the Chutes at any point. Our camp store is open to visitors during our session hours!
How old does my child have to be?
We recommend 4 years old as the minimum, and we ask parents to use their best discretion to determine if their child is ready for this activity. For young children, parents should accompany their child down the Chutes, either with them in the same tube or in a train, with two separate tubes connected.
Do you have a special group rate?
During standard Chutes hours (Friday and Saturday, 6-8 PM), groups of 25+ can get tickets for $12 per person. This is not an exclusive Chutes rental unless all 50 tickets for a time slot are purchased by your group. Please call (704) 915-1096 for more information.
For exclusive Chutes rentals any other time of the week, please see our pricing information on our Excursions page.
What about rain/inclement weather?
We try our best to watch the weather closely during this season. We do not make the decision to close due to rain until the day of the session. If the session is cancelled, participants will be emailed. In the email, participants will receive instructions for how to move their ticket to another day that the Chutes is operating, as tickets are available. Refunds are not given in case of rain.
Can I book a birthday party at the Chutes?
Yes! Please check out our Excursions page for information on booking the Chutes exclusively for your group. If you would like a non-exclusive booking during regular Chutes hours on a Friday or Saturday night, we can save you tickets, and offer you a group rate if you book for at least 25 people. Please call (704) 915-1096 for more information.
Additional Policies - Cancellations, Transfers, Rescheduling, Etc.
- As this event is a fundraiser, Crowders Camps cannot refund tickets once they are purchased. All sales are final.
- Crowders cannot reschedule tickets within 48 hours of your session.
- If Crowders has to cancel due to weather, you will be given a code to reschedule your ticket online at no additional charge (subject to ticket availability). You will receive an email to notify you about the cancellation.
- No ticket substitutions or transfers are allowed. You cannot sell or trade your ticket to any other person.
- Please, no outside food or drink (except water) unless you have booked a private party room.
- For last minute Chutes questions, you need to email email@example.com or TEXT 980-320-0646. Staff may not be near the office phones to answer last minute calls.